The Workforce Development Program at St. Vincent de Paul provides training and work experience for those who are new to or have been out of the workforce. The goal of our program is to help participants with barriers to employment find long-term, satisfactory work at a decent wage upon the conclusion of the 24-week SVdP WFD Program.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Live in a stable environment with access to adequate hygienefacilities
- Adequate, reliable child care
- High school diploma, GED or higher (SVdP may waive this requirement if the candidate demonstrates proficiency or is in the process of completing this requirement)
- Completed or will attend a basic computer course or can demonstrate equivalent experience
- Attend mandatory pre-selection workshops
Selected participants may interview for the 24-week on-the-job training component consisting of paid, part-time on-the-job training at St. Vincent de Paul.
Participants are matched with mentors and take weekly classes to continue developing skills necessary for finding and keeping employment.
We select a new class of participants every six months.
In 2015-2016, the St. Vincent de Paul Workforce Development Program received program support from the following foundations: