Your contribution to St. Vincent de Paul of Contra Costa County can provide hope to someone who has nowhere else to turn. SVdP provides critical help to about 81,000 Contra Costans every year, including, among other things: medical care at our free clinic, meals for the hungry at our dining room, emergency food supplies and vouches at most of our more than two dozen parish-based branches, job training for the chronically unemployed, and a daytime shelter for families during the cold and rainy season.
What does my donation do?
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul relies on donations to continue provide necessary services to people in need in our communities. Your donation of funds or goods can provide emergency food, clean clothes, employment training, or no cost medical services to a person in need.
A money donation of any size makes a real difference in your community.
- $10 provides two sets of clean clothing for a person in need
- $25 provides a three day supply of food staples for a family of four
- $50 provides two boxes of diapers
- $150 provides a bed set and frame for parents sleeping on the floor
- $500 provides two weeks of job training for a homeless person
- $1,000 provides Christmas baskets with new clothes and toys for 200 children
- $2,500 provides Thanksgiving Dinner baskets to 150 families
Don’t throw away–donate!
Don’t let your gently used clothing, furniture, and household items fill up a landfill; donate them to St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Stores!
Your donation will:
- provide low and no cost goods to those in need
- provide employment and job training for those out of the workforce
- promote reusing and recycling!
No matter the form or amount, your donation St Vincent de Paul of Contra Costa County will make a tangible difference in the lives of people who are truly in need.