TO REGISTER CALL 925-439-5060
or EMAIL email@example.com
The Workforce Development Program at St. Vincent de Paul provides training and work experience for those who are new to or have been out of the workforce. The goal of our program is to help participants with barriers to employment find long-term, satisfactory work at a decent wage upon the conclusion of the 24-week SVdP WFD Program.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Live in a stable environment with access to adequate hygiene facilities
- Adequate, reliable childcare
- High school diploma, GED or higher (SVdP may waive this requirement if the candidate demonstrates proficiency or is in the process of completing this requirement)
- Completed or will attend a basic computer course or can demonstrate equivalent experience
- Attend mandatory pre-selection workshops
Selected participants may interview for the 24-week on-the-job training component consisting of paid, part-time on-the-job training at St. Vincent de Paul.
Participants are matched with mentors and take weekly classes to continue developing skills necessary for finding and keeping employment.
We select a new class of participants every six months.
Download the Workforce Development Application Here!
Our Classroom Curriculum
Designed for short and long-term success, the 24-week curriculum includes:
- Career interest assessments
- Resume preparation, interview training and practice
- Financial literacy
- Computer skills
- Workplace conduct
- Life skills, stress management
- Job search and planning
- Utilization of area resources including East Bay Works, One-Stop Centers and SparkPoint
Our On-the-Job Training
Paid, part-time 24-week job experience in retail and/or truck driving, including:
- Job training at the Pittsburg and/or Pleasant Hill St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Stores
- Cashier Operations
- Retail/Display Operations
- Customer Service Training
- Warehouse Operations
- Baler Equipment Operations
- Fork Lift Truck Operations
- Pick up and Delivery of furniture/household goods
Training/Job Experience may include additional focus areas based upon employer needs.
Please review our upcoming workshops here.
In 2018-2019, the St. Vincent de Paul Workforce Development Program received program support from the following foundations: