Job Position: Receptionist
Supervisor: Transportation and Facilities Manager
Description: The Receptionist is a part-time (FTE 0.50) non-exempt position. This person is the first point of contact for the organization and should represent our commitment to serve those in need in our community with compassion and dignity, without distinction. This individual will refer neighbors-in-need to community resources, including programs within St. Vincent de Paul (SVdP), programs affiliated with SVdP, and external community resources. This individual will provide the staff with administrative support and maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and company information.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet visitors
- Answer, screen and transfer incoming phone calls and e-mail inquiries
- Listen carefully, ask relevant questions, organize and deliver appropriate information such as referrals to various resources
- Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to scanning, copying, and preparing mail
- Data entry
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively using appropriate language
- Results oriented, organized, highly-motivated and detailed
- Proficient in MS Office (Word and Excel at minimum)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, highly preferred
Position requires extensive use of phone and computers. Certain computer applications, programs and documents may require ability to differentiate colors, shapes and symbols. The position requires the ability to move items weighing up to 20 pounds from floor level, desk level and shelf level of 10 feet.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul are expected to perform tasks as assigned by St. Vincent de Paul’s supervisory and management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Wages and Benefits
This position has a wage rate of $16.50 per hour, 20 hours per week. Benefits applicable to this part-time position include sick leave and employee thrift store discount.
If interested, please fill out our Application Form Here and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.