On Thursday, 8/31, the Pittsburg Diamonds, the Pittsburg-based professional baseball team, and local Rotary Clubs, conducted a fundraiser for RotaCare Pittsburg Free Medical Clinic at St. Vincent de Paul.
Over $3,666 was raised to support the free medical clinic, which serves the uninsured by providing medical services by volunteer physicians, nurses and bilingual support staff.
THANK YOU PITTSBURG DIAMONDS and ROTARY CLUBS! Rotary Clubs supporting the event included Rotary Club of Pittsburg, Rotary Club Delta Antioch, Rotary Club of Pleasant Hill. All pharmaceuticals, lab services, diagnostic services and medical supplies are provided to patients at no-cost. The clinic is a partnership of St. Vincent de Paul of Contra Costa County, RotaCare Bay Area, and Rotary Clubs. The clinic is located at the St. Vincent de Paul Family Resource Center, 2210 Gladstone Drive, Pittsburg, CA, 94565, and open on Wednesdays, 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm, and on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon. In October, the clinic will expand to 18 hours per week. All patients are seen by appointment, call on Wednesdays, 1-3 pm, (925) 439-2009, to schedule appointment.
Pictured in photo are: (left to right): Khurram Shah, (Co-Owner Pittsburg Diamonds), Wofgang Croskey, (Co-Owner Pittsburg Diamonds and Pittsburg Rotarian), Dr. Thomas Long, (volunteer physician), Dr. Lutz, (volunteer physician), Dr. Tony Van Goor,(volunteer clinic advisory board co-chair), Ytzya Sanchez, (volunteer nurse), Joanne Hodge, (Pittsburg Rotarian), Judie Martin, (volunteer nurse), and Drea Riquelme, (Clinic Operations Manager).
The clinic is financially supported by:
- Sutter Delta Medical Center/Sutter Health Bay Area
- Kaiser Permanente Northern California Community Benefit
- Los Medanos Community Healthcare District
- City of Pittsburg/CDBG
- Contra Costa County/CDBG
- Keller Canyon Mitigation Fund
- John Muir Health Foundation
- St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church Knights of Columbus
- Trust Funds Incorporated Foundation
- The Carl Gellert and Celia Berta Gellert Foundation
- The Pittsburg Rotary Club, The Alamo Rotary Club and 9 other area Rotary Clubs
- St. Perpetua Catholic Church
- St. Vincent de Paul of Contra Costa County
- Many generous individuals